Manage your digital (media) assets across applications with MediaMosa
MediaMosa is a full-fledged Digital Asset Management and Delivery System built with Drupal. As the technology behind the Acquia Media Drive, NBC Sports websites, lecturing systems at universities across Europe, and numerous document management systems, its role as an Open Source alternative to closed Digital Asset Management systems is continually increasing.
With MediaMosa you create a central repository for you media assets and make them available for all your applications. It deals with things like
- media and metadata storage and retrieval,
- indexing of metadata and applying full-text search,
- transforming media from one format to another, e.g. the transcoding of video to mobile-friendly formats,
- delivery of (streaming) media to large audiences,
- handling of media workflows,
- sharing of media amongst multiple sites & users.
MediaMosa exclusively uses open protocols and open standards to achieve its goals.
This session explains the MediaMosa system, and shows a number of its functional areas and use cases. It informs you on how to get started developing websites with MediaMosa, and how to get involved with the community.